Thursday, June 21, 2007

"The Power To Consume Ourselves"

Hello World!!
This Blog will document the release of Samuel Caldwell's Revenge "The Power to Consume Ourselves" I will be posting from time to time about the events taking place while we attempt to release an album,independent of a label. Many,many bands have done this, so I'm sure you asking yourself "Why would I want to read a blog about that" Well,I don't have a good answer for that. I have seen many many blogs on much more boring subjects and have found them to be of interest. This blog will be updated daily until we release the record(or we get bored of it) Some posts will be small and some may be larger.
Also I have never blogged before so I will be making a lot of mistakes, and using bad grammar.Feel free to point it out. So now that we have that out of the way. I'm Shaun, the lead singer and co-creator of the band. Old Dirty Major(bass) is the other Co-creator. ODM should be posting on here as well. I will go into detail about the rest of the band in future Posts....

The Album:

We began recording the album on 03-06-06. I realize that was more than a year ago. This last year and 4 months have been spent recording and re-recoding. Our Blessing is our curse. Two of us in the band own and Operate a small recording studio (Dang!Studios) in a small city in Texas called lewisville. We have not been limited to the financial detriment of being in the studio for extended amount of time. I'm not sure if this will have a positive or negative effect on the final outcome of the album, but I think the main reason that it took so long was that we are lazy, but I also think there was a need for there to be no filler and put out a debut record that would be amazing from start to finish. Only hindsight will tell us if we were able to succeed.
The Recording will be done this week! It has been on me for the last couple of months to finish up the vocals and backups and some of the tasty tidbits and sprinkles of the record. My goal was to this week get it all wrapped up so we could begin the Mixing process. As of today , I have finished all the backups, and a little intro for one of the songs. I am really pumped as I only have 1 more thing to do then it can be taken to the next process...MIXING!!!!
I also spent some time today working with some ideas for the cover. I may post it soon, but I want to get some feedback from the rest of the band first. Well. I hope you drop by from time to time to check out the progress...

Wicked!!

-Shaun

No comments: