Wednesday, August 8, 2007

overcoming adversity.. and other stuff


Wowee! geeeez tension is running high in the band as of late.. having rehearsal seems to be a chore for everyone, and its like pulling teeth trying to book a show. some of us are having financial situations and other personal stress.. it seems like Samuel Caldwell's Revenge is running on fumes! fortunately I am not one for quitting, obviously Shaun shares my passion for this band no matter how rough it may get.. and I'm sure Old Dirty Major does as well despite occasionally threatening to quit. Ricardo is always busy with something and hardly ever replies to me.. I understand to an extent but It would be nice to not always be in the dark about when, where, and what is going on with him. Mike is being a trooper.. staying in contact, coming to most practices despite having to get up in the wee hours of the morning and having little ones to take care of as well. hes not afraid to speak his mind when things are irritating him.. which is a good thing but sometimes he comes off as being pessimistic. as for me I'm in it for the long haul, I told these guys when i joined that I was not going to do this unless they meant business.. and I trusted the determination they had to make it happen and be successful.

I missed practice on Monday because my girlfriend had just got out of the hospital and she was pretty traumatized.. If anyone in the band does not understand that then too bad.. It was the right thing to do. I've been practicing guitar everyday which I always do.. and putting together some new material for us to work on. I also have taken an active role in booking more shows for us even though its so hard to get us all on the same page for one..

The last mix I got of the cd sounded really sweet! Shaun has done some really wicked stuff with the vocals and back-ups.. I'm excited! I do think the guitars were a little quiet though and some of our parts were getting lost in the mix.. thats why we make suggestions and try to rectify the problems.. and thats why it is taking so long to release this thing haha!


Well in a nutshell we are all having some issues and complaints but I'm sure we will ride this thing through as we always have.. and I'm sure after the next few shows we will rekindle our enthusiasm and return to rock glory!! guess we'll see... sorry for my lack of posts, I'll post more soon!!


p.s. I dont like pecans (cuz i dont like nuts)

-Will aka Willius Oridius Rockodus II

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My Faith in Sammy C is restored, Thanks for the update Will. I needed to read that today. Things will be better. The cd is SOOOOO close I can taste it. Just a few more additions and some artwork and we will be done!! WICKED!!!

-Shaun